Monday, October 7, 2013

"God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him"

Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. I love sweaters, apple cider, Halloween...and the chill in the air. As I watch the seasons change and the leaves fall, it reminds me of God's love. His artwork spreads throughout the earth and I get to witness it first-hand.

This semester I decided to live at home and commute to Rexburg every day for school/work. What a blessing it has been! The drive may seem like a pain, but it's turned into one of my favorite parts of the day to ponder and reflect. The other day on my drive home, the sky was painted with the most beautiful sunset I'd ever seen. I had to pull over to get this picture...totally worth it.


I've really been taking my time lately to self-discover. I've spent a lot of time alone and this has really been such a benefit to my spirit. Conference was exactly what I needed. I don't know how they do it (well actually I do) but every conference seems to be better than the last and this one was the best yet. The brethren weren't shy in directly addressing pertinent topics. My favorite was the now famous "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith". 

"Sometimes God calms the storm, Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child."

This has been another quote that has been a huge comfort to me when I struggle. My faith has increased in the Lord. He knows best.

No comments: