Saturday, May 1, 2010

Decisions determine destiny...

Every 15 Minutes
 This year our school decided to do the program "Every 15 Minutes". On Monday morning during the day at school, every 15 minutes a student would get pulled out of class and then considered "dead" to symbolize how every 15 minutes someone dies from an alcohol-related car accident. Walking around you would see white faces and they were not allowed to talk to anyone, everyone was supposed to pretend they weren't there. Toward the end of the day everyone was released to the front of the school where there was a crash scene. We watched as 6 of our classmates were halled off in helicopters, cop cars, ambulences, and  hurses. Even though it wasn't actually a real accident, the emotions were real.  








Emily Ann watching the scene!
 ...I love this shot

That night all of the "dead" students stayed the night at the high school and were to have no interaction with the outside world. Emily and Sophie are in TADA, a club that helped put the program on and they were invited to go and help entertain the dead people. I went with them and it was a blast! We wrote letters, painted nails, played games, and then snuck up on the roof. The view was so pretty, can't wait to sleep up there next year, grad night baby;)
Jake, Sophie, and Me
Ahh it was cool!

Jesse, Alex, Alex, and Delt...we were playing mafia!
haha me and soph with the boys on the roof!


Watch this video: Drive Carefully
haha so this is completely random but I don't ever want to forget it cause it gave me a good laugh..a couple of months ago me and Sophie were driving home and we passed this funny site. As you can see, a tiny tow truck is trying to haul off a semi! bahaha try again boy, tryyyyy again!!

Campaigning!
Next year I decided I want to be in student council and I was lucky enough that I didn't have to campaign for the Historian position! woo hoo! Sophie went out for Senior President and nobody ran against her so she is in too. Emily is going out for Student Body President and has been campaigning like crazy! We are leaving for BPA Nationals this week which also happens to be election week. Ahh but she is going to do well and I am very confident that the outcome will be great! VOTE FOR EMILY! haha we made a video...very cheesy one might I add:)

1 comment:

Emily Ann said...

Entertain the dead people? Haha I love you. We are gonna relieve somme stress this week and just have FUN! I am so excited Al. Especially to spend time with the bestest friends a girl could ask for. I love you! Oh and by the way, I am using your photoshopped Every 15 minutes pictures for my post on Burley Go. ;) See ya Monday :)