Thursday, July 15, 2010

...these are a few of my favorite things:)

It just hit me that this is my last summer in high school before I go out on my own. I have been enjoying every minute of it and just taking things one day at a time, appreciating what I have, and finding what I can do for others. Life is too short to worry. Sometimes I catch myself worrying about my future, worrying about my past.. in the longrun worrying about the inevitable things I can't change or avoid. I have faith that wherever I am in life is ultimately where I'm meant to be and the Lord has a plan for me.
I have opened my eyes to the tender mercies of the Lord, it's just about taking the time to realize his hand in all things.
These are just some of the things that make life worthwhile...

                                     
Scriptures and journal- I find true peace and happiness in searching for new messages from the scriptures every night and expressing myself in my journal.


My family- love, support, arguements, laughs, growing, perfectly imperfect. I'm grateful for a family that has helped me become who I am and parents who have taught me.

Nature- When I look around, I see how truly amazing and beautiful the world is.

My guitar- The healing power of music has affected my life immensely and never ceases to amaze me.
Best Friends- I know I have been exceptionally blessed with the best friends. Remarkable girls who are completely stable and well-balanced.They know me well and help me keep my standards and stay strong, constantly make me laugh hysterically, listen to me vent and cry on their shoulder, share stupid inside jokes with me, call me when I'm in trouble, set a great example through actions and words, give me great advice, sacrifice their precious sleep to talk to me, eat my food, let me eat their food, put up with my sarcasm, and most of all I am fortunate enough to know that I'm never alone.

musical therapy on the dock
can you smell something burning?? :)
Laugh out loud Soph!

Lonelygirl listening to our show
10 years from now we'll do this again!
Soccer- I'm grateful for the opportunity to meet new people, gain teamwork skills, and stay active and happy.

3 comments:

Emily Ann said...

Al your NEVER alone. Even when I'm halfway across the world. That dosen't just count for this summer...but for the rest of forever. Sorry I ate your food...<3Em

Emily Ann said...

So I'm writing this from the Azore Islands in Portugal...a long ways away from you...I just re-read this post. I miss you guys. So much. See ya in 6 days!

Unknown said...

ahaha flippen love you! You can eat my food anytime, just as long as I get my 4AM toast when we sleep on your tramp. You are SO majorly distant...but I get to see you in like 4 days and 12 hours(..I'm not counting or anything!) so it's kind of okay:)Major heart2heart is necessary like uhh SOON, I can almost taste it! I have a feeling words are going to be fleeing from our mouths 90 miles an hour when we finally get to talk...we literally talk for hours and hours on a daily basis but how long is it going to take us to get caught up after a month of not talking?? This shall be interesting my friend. Oh by the way...don't you EVER leave me like this again...take me with you next time, deal? xoxo -Al