Thursday, February 18, 2010

my REAL friends

        I've realized that when I am going through hard times,  I can look around and I see the one's that are left by my side. They have always and will always be there.They are the ones that genuinely don't care what I look like, the ones that love me for the person I am and not for the things I do or stuff I do for them. They are hard to come by but I have been blessed and I know they will always be there for me no matter how crazy or psycho I get:) In a world of superficial change, it's nice to have something stable that you can always count on.

A simple friend has never seen you cry.
A real friend has shoulders soggy from your tears.

A simple friend brings a salad to your party.
A real friend is early to help you prepare and stays late to help you clean.

A simple friend hates it when you call after they have gone to bed.
A real friend asks you why you took so long to call.

A simple friend seeks to talk with you about your problems.
A real friend seeks to help you with your problems.

A simple friend acts like a guest using manners.
A real friend opens your refrigerator and helps themselves and is the reason you don't have any food.

A simple friend sends you a get well text.
A real friend is handing you tissues, giving you ibuprofen, and holding your hair back when you throw up.

A simple friend expects you to always be there for them.
A real friend expects to always be there for you!

A simple friend knows a lot about you.
A real friend could write a book about you with direct quotes.

A simple friend asks you if everything is okay
A real friend can look in your eyes and know something's wrong.

A simple friend rings the doorbell and waits patiently.
A real friend will walks in and says "I'M HOME!!"

A simple friend is there for you when they benefit.
A real friend is there through the good, bad, and ugly.

A simple friend will lie to you to protect you.
A real friend will always be honest with you even if it hurts.

"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."
                                                                               -Walter Winchell

WHO are these real friends...you may ask???


A blue-eyed blonde boy with a bright personality. He kisses me when I'm sad, holds my hand to help me keep my balance;), wakes me up with a few slaps across the face, laughs at my jokes(even when they aren't funny), and plays hide and seek with me when I'm bored.

A little 7 year old who draws amazing pictures for me during church, helps me clean my room or with anything I need to the best of her first-grader ability, and always shares anything even if it means a sacrifice for herself. We can laugh until there's no tomorrow.

A crazy 4th grader with a rebellious outlook who drives me up the wall every single day: no fail, makes me laugh at the dumbest things, steals my stuff, plays never-ending pranks and tricks on me, and tells me and everyone else exactly what we need to hear or at least what she THINKS we need to hear;) She spices things up and that's for sure!

...Yep you guess it....MY FAMILY:)
This includes: Parents who give me shelter, feed me, pay for things, listen to my problems, help and support me with pretty much anything I go after, teach me important life lessons, and even put up with me when I throw attitude back at them, through it all! Lots of laughs and memories, hard decisions, vacations, sacrifices, support and guidance, and most of all love! I will never be able to thank you enough! You simply made me...me:)

3 comments:

Janet Wilkinson said...

Stay strong you are doing great! Keep your family close because they are what you have left in the end. I love this, I wish my girls could be like you! Very cute blog;)

Emily Ann said...

Oh Alli I really like that post. It was so sweet :)

The Martin Family said...

Alli that is really good I am sure your mom loves that knowing you care for the there family. I know as a mother it is nice to hear that sometimes.
Kim